Question of the Week: How do you plan for months where you’ll earn less from your writing than usual?
Do you have a financial plan to get you through lean months? Jim welcomes Bryan back from the 20Booksto50K conference in Las Vegas. This week’s Happy Book Reviews feature winner is Pete Bauer. Bryan thanks our featured Patrons: Doubt the Stars, A Turn for the Worse, and Born Under a Bad Sign. The Hot Tips for indies this week are how indie authors can be better indie publishers, why negative reviews can boost sales, and what a marketing education can do your for your titles. The News you don’t want to miss includes how AI book translation is changing the future, what happened at Bowker, what steps did Sara Celi take to eradicate her impostor syndrome, where did all the ebooks go and what is Amazon doing about it, and how to fit your passion into your profits. Question of the Week: How do you plan for months where you’ll earn less from your writing than usual?
- Why you should make sure that you’re a great author and a great publisher
- Why too many good reviews can be a bad thing
- Why it’s important to learn the definitions behind all the buzz words
- How new advances in software could have a huge impact on translation
- Why you should check your Bowker account if you’ve purchased an ISBN lately
- How Sara Gouedy Celi’s change in attitude impacted her bottom line
- Why it really stinks that Amazon hasn’t taken the recent buy button issue more seriously
- How to fit “books from the heart” around your books that earn you more money