Question of the Week: What purpose do you see agents filling in the 2019 publishing landscape? At what point in your publishing journey do you think you’d need an agent, if any?
Is there a point in your writing career where you would consider having an agent? Bryan and Jim celebrate FIVE years of the Sell More Books Show podcast! This week’s Happy Book Reviews winner is Trish Heinrich. Bryan thanks our Patrons: Stone Cold, Kiss Kill, and Cowgirl, Unexpectedly. The Top Tips of the week are why split testing for Bookbub is critical, how repurposing content can catch more readers, and the simplified royalty share option. The 5 News stories that matter most to indies this week include how indie authors could suffer the same fate as their videographer counterparts, why literary agents may not be your best bet, how Maria Mahaffey’s launch plan took her to #1—five times, how Amazon may be under-reporting paperback sales, and what steps took Yesenia Vargas from zero to hero with a write to market strategy and a mindset shift. Question of the Week: What purpose do you see agents filling in the 2019 publishing landscape? At what point in your publishing journey do you think you’d need an agent, if any?
- How to optimize your BookBub ads
- How to repurpose content to get more readers
- How to share royalties with your coauthor without doing a thing
- Why your agent might not be your best friend
- How to create a good launch plan can take your author career to the next level
- How to level up and write books that readers are looking for
- Why Amazon might owe you some print book royalties
- How marketing your books may start with your mindset
News #5: YouTubers Are Seeing Red and Indie Authors Might Be Next
News #4: Writers, Fire Your Agents (1)
News #4: Writers, Fire Your Agents (2)
News #3: From Write, Publish, Aim to On Target
News #2: Creating Space for Doubt
News #1: From Heart Writing to Wave of Success