Have you ever used a coach or a mentor to help you get to the next level of your career? If so, did it help? If not, is it something you’d ever consider in the future?
Would you consider working with a coach to improve an aspect of your author career? Jim is excited for his Unskippable booksigning event in Las Vegas. Bryan reminds everyone to check out the new Best Page Forward podcast and fill out the submission form if you want your blurb rewritten during the live show. There are only 41 slots left in the Amazon Ads Made Easy 5-module course—grab yours today and take control of you ads. This week’s Happy Books Review Winner is Mike Stop Continues. Thank you to our featured Patrons: Sanyare: The Last Descendant, Blogging for Authors, and Awakened: Paragons Book One. The Top Tips of the week include how creating work seasons can increase productivity, why both existing fans and new readers are both important to your marketing plan, and how changing up your routine can reignite creativity. We have an Honorable Mention: How one bad Tweet poisoned the whole nest. The 5 News stories that matter most to indies this week include one more BIG reason to resist the urge to reply to bad reviews, Audible is doubling down on their subscription service for Romance, how Victoria Smith found the boost she needed to more than triple her monthly income with the assistance of a coach, why Ellie Masters considers marketing as the key to reaching 5-figure sales, and how books are being stolen from WattPad and appearing for sale on Amazon. Question of the Week: Have you ever used a coach or a mentor to help you get to the next level of your career? If so, did it help? If not, is it something you’d ever consider in the future?
- How thinking about work seasonally can change your work-life balance
- Which techniques a NYT best-selling indie author is using to market to new and existing readers
- What tips one author has for recovering from stress and regaining creativity
- How one Tweet changed an author’s future
- How an author’s bad behavior keeps resurfacing and what the Internet has to say about it
- What program Audible is renaming and possibly revamping?
- How an author found her focus and how that led to success
- The secret to one author’s success—here’s a hint—it’s not really a secret
- What you should consider when piracy happens
News #5: That’s Crazy Stalk
News #4: Can You Hear Me Now?
News #3: Coached to Victory
News #2: It’s Not Personal, It’s Business (1)
News #2: It’s Not Personal, It’s Business (2)
News #1: Wattpad Pirates Strike Again