What’s your average word count written per day?
How much do you usually write during the day? Episode 300 is coming! Bryan is off this week because he is running his 5-day Amazon Ad Profit Challenge. Jim’s cohost is the amazing Kirsten “Beersten” Oliphant. And… Happy Birthday to Jim! This week’s Happy Books Review Winner is Dan Thompson. Thank you to our featured Patrons: A Band Director’s Guide to Everything Tuba, The Darby Shaw Chronicles, and Doubt The Stars. The Top Tips of the week include how to navigate Amazon’s new ad features, the difference between a website and an ideal website, and 10 words all authors should know. The 5 News stories that matter most to indies this week include the still banned Harry Potter books, reselling used ebooks, why author Heather Demetrios shouldn’t have quit her day job, how ebooks have not taken over the book world, and how outlining could increase your daily word count. Question of the Week: What’s your average word count written per day?
- How Amazon change its ad targeting system
- What makes an author website stand out
- About predatory publishing and other things you should know
- What Nashville has against Harry Potter
- Why the French can’t sell used books
- Why publishing advances aren’t eternal
- How paperbacks are making a comeback
- How to outline your way to a higher daily word count