Regarding Amazon’s decision not to make its imprints available in libraries, do you see this as a sensible decision, a big missed opportunity, a money grab, or something else?
This week Claire is joined by Indie Author and editor Julie Strauss. We have a great show in store for you! This week’s winner is Dave Core. Thank you to our featured Patrons – Level Up, 60 Second Tarot, and The Tilt. Top Tips of the week include when to consider pre-orders, what you need to know about building a book launch team, and what time-saving apps you need. The 5 News stories that matter most to indies this week include what Barnes & Noble is doing, why BookExpo is coming to an end, why there is a new petition against Amazon, what a new survey is saying about authors income, and why Google is making a leap into machine-generated audiobooks. Question of the Week: Regarding Amazon’s decision not to make its imprints available in libraries, do you see this as a sensible decision, a big missed opportunity, a money grab, or something else?
- When (or if) to do a preorder
- How to build a book launch team
- Some great time-saving apps for authors
- B&N is changing for the better
- Why BookExpo might be no more
- How Amazon is being pressured to lend their own books
- What the newest Author Survey says most successful authors have in common
- Google is making AI Audiobooks