What’s something that was a part of the indie publishing game when you started that has since been phased out?
Welcome back to another week of SMBS! Claire is holding a 5-Star Power Endings Masterclass this month, you can find it at the link provided. Be sure to leave the show a review on Apple podcast. The winner this week is – Wordsmith426 and our Honorable Mention is – Know Thy Reader. Top Tips of the week include where to start when launching a book, why it pays to learn the skills of advertising, and how to spice up your Amazon author page. The 5 News stories that matter most to indies this week include what scam to be on the look out for, which day is best for a book promotion, when are pre-orders a good idea, what bill is pending in Maryland, and why we’re saying bye to mobi. Question of the Week: What’s something that was a part of the indie publishing game when you started that has since been phased out?
- How to launch your book right
- Good side hustles for authors
- How to setup your free Author Page on Amazon
- How publishers are catching up to indies
- What to do now that Amazon doesn’t accept mobi files
- You may be forced to put your books in libraries
- Whether you should do a pre-order for your next book
- The best days for a book promotion
- How to spot a Hollywood scam