Question of the Week: Do you know how to calculate Return on Investment (ROI)? Even though even 1% ROI is a profit, is there a certain number of ROI you deem to be Good? How did you come upon that number?
If you have a Return on Investment number that you consider “good” – how did you arrive at that figure? Bryan and Jim report on the effects of the Polar Vortex in the Midwest. Bryan gives an encouraging update on the Relentless Authors Advertise podcast and thanks all the listeners who are joining the experiment. This week’s Happy Book Reviews winner is Rebecca Markus. Bryan thanks our Featured Patrons: Awakening Forever, Guardian of the Grail, and The Reluctant Detective. The Hot Tips include the good of reader give-and-take, how to bridge the gap between writing on the side and writing full time, and why focusing on fewer tasks is actually more efficient. Our Honorable Mention story explains why pre-order reviews have disappeared as quickly as they arrived. The Top News stories affecting the indie community this week are the short-lived Barnes and Noble ad experiment, what ill tidings are reported in the 2018 Authors Guild Survey, how Christina DeMara used hashtags to increase book sales, why Wattpad is diving into publishing, and what steps Jen Thorn took to see success with her new pen name in just 30 days. Question of the Week: Do you know how to calculate Return on Investment (ROI)? Even though even 1% ROI is a profit, is there a certain number of ROI you deem to be Good? How did you come upon that number?
Subscribe to The Sell More Books Show on iTunes!
Subscribe to The Sell More Books Show via RSS!
- How giving what your readers want will get you what you want
- How to make ends meet while you’re building your author career
- How to get more work done by focusing on fewer things
- You can’t review something that isn’t there… for long
- What Barnes & Noble is doing to attract indie authors
- That while some authors are making less, indie authors are actually making more!
- How to attract your perfect reader with intentional focus
- Whether publishing on Wattpad will lead to a publishing contract
- How to plan for your author reboot (or even your first boot)
Schedule a SmarterAuthors consult with Jim!
Awakening Forever by Jack Schaeffer
Guardian of the Grail by Elena Bryce
The Reluctant Detective by Tom Fowler
Tip #1: But If You Try Sometimes
Tip #2: Crossing the Streams
Tip #3: That’s a Myth
Honorable Mention: Schrodinger’s Reviews
News #5: We Don’t Want Your Tainted Money
News #4: Survey Says! (1)
News #4: Survey Says! (2)
News #3: Hashtag Intentional
News #2: Say Watt?
News #1: 30 Days To USA Today