Question of the Week: Would you ever want to write a chose your own ending style book? And in what format would you want to do it?
If you wrote a choose your own adventure style book, what format would you choose? Jim welcomes guest host Mark Lefebvre from Draft2Digital. This week’s Happy Book Reviews winner is RJ Beam. Jim thanks our Featured Patrons: The Thing Speaks for Itself, The Cordova Vector, and Somebody’s Darling. The top tips include how to get the most out of your Author Central profile, what steps you can take to grow an email list from zero, and why the superfan is a myth. The news stories that matter most to indie authors this week are why AI is getting dangerously good, who is profiting from the new choose your own audio books, what steps Brianna Boes took to increase reader engagement and boost her launch, why Patreon is flip-flopping, and how testing several methods led Bridget Baker to success with Facebook ads. Question of the Week: Would you ever want to write a chose your own ending style book? And in what format would you want to do it?
- How to utilize the free tools on your Author Central page
- How to start an author email list from scratch
- Why you should stop hunting for superfans and what you should do instead
- Why AI was deemed unsafe for public use
- How you can choose your own adventure on Alexa
- How to kick start sales and preorders for your first book
- Why Patreon might be singing its swan song
- How to find your best sales strategy through failure