Why do you think Amazon got rid of Giveaways and the Matchbook program?
What do you think motivates Amazon to make changes to its promotion programs? Episode 300 is coming! Bryan is recovering after an intense Amazon Ads 5-day challenge. This week’s Happy Books Review Winner is Eric Warren. Thank you to our featured Patrons: The Busy Busy Author, Dead Still, and Achieve Anything In Just One Year. The Top Tips of the week include how podcasts may be your way to the top, what are the benefits of connecting with the final product instead of the work in progress, and how to find your niche and how to spread it around. The 5 News stories that matter most to indies this week include how Bookshop will bring back bookstores, how libraries can actually be helpful to book sales, why is Facebook hiding your likes, why Author Mark Dawson is on a new journey, and how Amazon is changing in drastic ways. Question of the Week: Why do you think Amazon got rid of Giveaways and the Matchbook program?
- Why podcasts may be a predictor of success
- How to give your writing projects the attention they need
- Why creativity isn’t just relegated to writing the book
- How bookstores hope to get a piece of the online sales pie
- Why the Big 5 may be wrong about library patrons
- How Facebook’s latest test could make you feel worse about Facebook
- The big news from Mark Dawson that could see more of his books in stores
- What two programs Amazon just killed
The Busy Busy Author: Writing Faster and More Efficiently to Fit Around your Busy Life by A. Dennis Davies
Dead Still: A Medical Thriller by Barbara Ebel (‘Doctor Barbara’)
Achieve Anything In Just One Year by Jason Harvey