Do you think Amazon warrants some kind of anti-trust action and should be split up into different companies to further competition? And how might that affect self publishing in the years going forward?
This week we get to hear about Claire’s new Super Charge Your Story Course that just launched so be sure to check it out. Don’t forget to leave a review on Apple Podcast. This week’s Super Charger Story Course Winner is Dave Core. Thank you to our featured Patrons – Not Write Now, Kept In The Dark, and Excelsior. Top Tips of the week include what four things you need for a perfect cover, why Apple Books is promoting “First in a Series Free”, and what a standing desk can do for you. The 5 News stories that matter most to indies this week include why Powell’s Books is pulling out of Amazon, what tips Chris Fox has for making your characters feel real, what’s next for Spotify, why publishers booksellers and authors are joining forces against Amazon, and how self confidence can help you grow as an author. Question of the Week: Do you think Amazon warrants some kind of anti-trust action and should be split up into different companies to further competition? And how might that affect self publishing in the years going forward?
- How to make sure your cover does its job
- That it might be time to take your series to Apple Books
- How a standing desk could save your back and help you write more
- Why the biggest bookstore is cutting ties to Amazon
- How to write more realistic characters
- Spotify is scaring audiobook authors
- Why Amazon might be too big
- Why you might be struggling to publish
Kept In The Dark by Arjay Lewis
Excelsior by George Sirois