What stop and start habits do you currently have to transition in and out of writing & marketing mode, and which ones might you adopt to strengthen that transition?
Welcome to another week of SMBS! Claire is holding a 5-Star Power Endings Masterclass this month and Bryan is doing a BookBub webinar the day this episode goes live on March 3rd. Make sure to check them out at the links provided. Our Self Publishing Resource of the Week is – DIY Book Covers. The winner this week is – Sylvester Barzey. Top Tips of the week include how to make your co-writing process smoother, what you can do to catch a readers attention, and how to avoid libel charges. The 5 News stories that matter most to indies this week include how to have a clear content strategy, how Overdrive is making it easier to know your competition, what is Atticus, why making a fake commute may be just what you need, and how to tell if a book is a “Amateur Self-Published Book”. Question of the Week: What stop and start habits do you currently have to transition in and out of writing & marketing mode, and which ones might you adopt to strengthen that transition?
- To collaborate, simply
- Out of the box book marketing
- How to avoid a libel suit for your book
- The signs of an amateur author
- How a commute actually helped your work
- There’s a new writing and publishing tool for authors
- How the Big 5 charges libraries and how you can compete
- To create a solid content strategy