What is something about you and your background or expertise from outside of your author life that you can bring into your writing to add uniqueness in 2021?
This week we have lots of great tips for you, remember to leave a review on Apple Podcast. Next week we have our SMBS year in review show so look forward to that. This week’s winner is Tracy Krimmer. Thank you to our featured Patrons – Cubicle Jail to Laptop Lifestyle and DEAD STILL. This weeks Honorable Mention is Google Keeps Going. Top Tips of the week include what to do about creating imprints, why categories can sometimes be difficult, and who is having their annual end of year sale. The 5 News stories that matter most to indies this week include why Apple doesn’t follow standard guidelines for online bookstores, what you need to know about having an ARC team, what google is doing in part of their new text-to-speech initiative for audiobooks, why Facebook sent out a message about negative affects on ads, and how to get inspiration from fellow authors and their stories. Question of the Week: What is something about you and your background or expertise from outside of your author life that you can bring into your writing to add uniqueness in 2021?
- Whether you create your own imprint
- How to get your books in the categories you want
- A place to promote your books for free
- That Google makes improvements to your author dashboard
- How your fellow authors’ backgrounds can inspire you
- What the Apple changes mean for your Facebook ads
- That Google is showing off their new audiobooks
- How and why to have an ARC Team
- What not to do on Apple Books