Jim and Bryan’s ho-ho-holiday episode of SMBS touched upon the popular podcast Serial, the big boost adults buying YA gave the industry, Macmillan’s deal with Amazon, Konrath dropping out of KU, and what trad pubs learned in 2014. They also touched upon social media tips, the path to a bestseller, and mistakes that hold indie authors back. The Question of the Week: What book do you want for Christmas and why?
Subscribe to The Sell More Books Show on iTunes!
Subscribe to The Sell More Books Show via RSS!
What You’ll Learn:
- How the biggest authors use social media for promotion
- Why publishers have the bestseller formula wrong
- Five mistakes that hold self-published authors back
- Why Serial has been such a popular podcast story
- How YA books kept trad pubs afloat in 2014
- What Macmillan’s deal with Amazon means for its authors
- Why Joe Konrath dropped out of KU
- What trad pubs learned in 2014
- Portal Combat (Ted Saves the World #3)
- Author Marketing Live
- Social Club
- Critical Mass
- Avoiding The Pitfalls
- Serial Killer (1)
- Serial Killer (2)
- YA on the Rise (1)
- YA on the Rise (2)
- Macmillan Signs Deal
- Losing Exclusive (1)
- Losing Exclusive (2)
- Losing Exclusive (3)
- Losing Exclusive (4)
- What Trads Learned (1)
- What Trads Learned (2)
Question of the Week: What book do you want for Christmas and why?