What are some of the things you’ve “earned” from being an author, including the “fringe benefits,” that you wouldn’t have in a normal job?
This week Bryan is joined by Patrick O’Donnell, the host of the Cops and Writers Podcast and the author of the Cops and Writers duology. On June 4th, Claire and Bryan will be having a webinar on Craft Writing. All the links you need for this week will be provided in the show notes. Be sure to leave a review on Apple Podcast and answer the Question of the Week in the comment section. The winner this week is – Blaine Moore. Our Honorable Mention is No Brainer Audio. Top Tips of the week include where to find Amazon’s contests, who is holding a Self-Published Science Fiction Competition, and what is the alternative for Patreon and Medium. The 5 News stories that matter most to indies this week include how to reboot a lagging audiobook series, what is Amazon buying, how Barnes & Noble is coming back to life, what you need to know to write faster, and why authors pay to write. Question of the Week: What are some of the things you’ve “earned” from being an author, including the “fringe benefits,” that you wouldn’t have in a normal job?
- Where to find Amazon’s latest literary contests
- Hugh Howey’s back, and he’s here to help science fiction authors
- There’s an alternative to Patreon and Medium, and it’s just for authors
- How Slate is turning the tables on audiobooks
- How to reboot a lagging audiobook series
- About Amazon’s latest IP acquisition
- How Barnes & Noble is showing signs of life
- Simple ways to write faster
- The hourly rate of a traditionally published author